Fore! It’s coming fast: South Park Art’s 7th annual Putts Out event.
Last year was so amazing, with new artists jumping in with jaw-dropping creations. Good thing our old pros brought their A game too. It will be hard to match that level of awesomeness but we’re optimistic! That’s where you come in. We need hole builders to make this happen.
Artists are not limited to just our ‘hood, so share this message around. Application attached here: 2016 Putts Out Application
- Putts Out takes place one night only: Tuesday August 2nd from 6 pm – 8:30 pm, as part of the national Night Out Against Crime block party.
- Hole artists create mini-golf holes to be played by the public on that night.
- the public votes on their favorite hole, and on the best dressed golfers.
- Applications are due by July 1st. You will receive confirmation of your participation by July 8th.
- Applicants will be selected to create one, original mini golf hole in the 800 block of South Thistle St. using the grass along the parking strips. 12 applicants will be chosen.
- This will be our 7th year of Putts Out! If you have not attended before please visit our South Park Arts Facebook page and view our album of past photos, or search southparkarts.org for previous Putts Out events.
- You or your group may apply for funding of up to $100 to help compensate for supplies and time. Checks will be delivered on the night of the event (if we have your W-9 paperwork.)
- We will provide putters, golf balls, course flags, maps, score cards, and a hole digger (if needed.)
- All hole builders need to have courses set and ready to play by 5:30 pm on Tuesday August 2nd and are responsible for the complete removal of your course from the area after 8:30 pm.
- South Park Arts may use photos of your mini golf course on our website or future publications.
- You will be assigned an address on the 800 block of Thistle to set your course in front of. Please check in with coordinators before unpacking and setting up.
- Please think grand and imaginative, but also remember it is a one night event – so most important just have fun with your idea and make sure you can execute it without stress!