Art Under $100
Locally-Made, Affordable Art at the Seattle Design Center
70 amazing artists will convene at the Seattle Design Center on Saturday, December 10, from 2-8 p.m. From 1-2pm, patrons who wish to be VIP can purchase a $20 ticket (all proceeds benefit South Park Arts) to get first pick of the coveted affordable artwork, along with champagne and chocolate. The beloved event continues to gather momentum, celebrating its twelth year in a spacious venue in Georgetown/SODO. For holiday shoppers, AU100 offers an unsurpassed opportunity to discover unique, affordable art while supporting local artists.
In store this year:
- The Art: Paintings, sculptures, jewelry, textiles, photography, blown glass, cast glass, stained glass, wood, encaustic, dioramas, woodblock printing, letterpress and more! And nothing priced over $100.
- There’s Art made by YOU: Create a handmade treasure with The Makery, a free art lab that runs on reclaimed materials and creativity–the perfect, kid-friendly, family fun activity.
- Make history by helping artist Catherine Grisez create a copper leaf pile for her project “Part You”.
- AU100 VIP Hour: Have a blissful hour of early shopping (from 1:00-2:00 p.m.) with easy access to all 70 artists. Enjoy champagne, chocolates, special guests, and Art raffles just for you. Proceeds from the VIP Hour benefit South Park Arts.
- Plus there’s Music: Vinyl spinning DJs provide a live soundtrack.
- Food & Drink: Multiple food trucks will be on site. Delicious beer, wine, and the signature cocktail for the 21+ crowd and fine coffee from bicycle-powered Café Red. Soft drinks, Seattle Chocolates, and Seattle Popcorn, too!
- And there’s the infamous AU100 raffle: The Mysterious Bugle Boy and several surprise local celebrities will announce Art Raffle winners every 20 minutes. Winners pick their prizes from Art by participating artists.
- Purchase the South Park Arts swag designed by graphic artist onesevennine specially for AU100.
- See gallery work by our artists in a special showing of their “over $100″ work.